Effective date: February 1, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect the following types of information.
- Information you provide us directly:
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number).
- Content that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Shamar. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- Analytics Information
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers:
- 10.1.When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Shamar.
- 10.2.A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- 11.1.Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- 11.2.Users may be able to add or have Metadata added to their Content including hash tags (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your video/photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- 12.1.help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- 12.2.remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- 12.3.provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- 12.4.provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- 12.5.develop and test new products and features
- 12.6.monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- 12.7.diagnose or fix technology problems
- 12.8.automatically update the Shamar application on your device
- 12.9.Shamar or its partners may run competitions, contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. All Content uploaded and published through the Shamar mobile application will be automatically enrolled to participate in said Events, provided no further requirements for enrollment are expressly stated by Shamar or its partners in the specific Event’s terms, announcement or promotion.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Parties with whom we may share your information:
- 14.1.We may share Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Shamar is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your videos/photos.
- 14.2.We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- 14.3.We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- 14.4.We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- 14.5.We may also share/publish Content uploaded and published through the Service in any media formats and through any media channels, in connection with the Service and Shamar's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof).
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your Content:
- What happens in the event of a change of control:
- Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- 17.1.We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Storage and Processing:
- 18.1.Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Shamar, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- 18.2.Shamar, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- 18.4.We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Shamar cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Shamar or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- 18.5.Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Shamar, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Shamar make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- 19.1.Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- 19.2.Unsubscribe from email communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com and requesting to be unsubscribed from email communications from us. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- How long we keep your Content:
- 20.1.Following termination or deactivation of your account, Shamar, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and Content even if said information is no longer public on the Service.
- Shamar does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 21 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at persons under the age of 21. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under age 21 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
- In the event of the death of a Shamar User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
HOW TO CONTACT US